Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:11:59 MST

>I'll pipe up here. I think Brain Powered has gotten a bit of a bad rap.
>For whatever reason I keep hearing it compared to Evangelion (Note: I did
>_not_ like Eva, even a little bit) and I've never been able to figure out
>why.
>It's got nice art, great music (Yoko Kanno - Flow is one of my favorite
>anime songs ever), and after the handful of episodes I've seen, I'm left
>really looking forward to more. It's definately odd, which will put off
>some people, but some of us like that sorta thing =)

I happened to like BOTH Eva and Brainpowered, but since were discussing
Brainpowered here, I'll stick to that.

It's a pretty good show. Gundam fans will be able to see the influences of
Tomino's usual themes, but it has a very different feel from any Gundam show
I've seen. Definitely worth watching.