Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:48:26 -0700

Tabby writes,

> The obvious answer is to find a happy medium between Real and Super Robots
> (less camp, but with the same surreal mecha), but it really seems shows
> like Evangelion and Brain Powerd have already gotten that trend moving.

  Once again, I'd suggest Gaogaigar as a perfect example of this blend. It's
a super robot show in style and theme, with all the hardcore technological
aesthetic and high-octane drama of a real robot show. I guess the converse
would be a super-camp take on the real robot genre, but who'd want to see
that?

-- Mark