Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:35:53 -0700

> So.....do you recommend Brain Powerd as a must see?

  Hm. Not for everyone, but then there's not a lot of anime I'd classify as
a must-see. :-)

  If you have the patience to stick with it past the first half-dozen
episodes, the story starts to make more sense, and I thought the ending was
wonderful... very humanistic and hopeful, rather than the knee-jerk nihilism
of Evangelion or the "they paid a heavy price for justice" gloom of Tomino's
'80s stuff.

  Is it a harbinger of a new direction for the robot show? I kinda doubt it.
But it's an interesting avenue to explore as the genre winds up its twilight
years.

-- Mark