Kev K (fayerocks@hotmail.com)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:04:34 GMT

Cheap models they are and the molding isn't too bad either. What you should
worry about is the mobility of the parts below the waist. You'll need some
heavy modifications for the skirt flaps, the crotch area where it connects
the legs and the ankles. For the skirt you'll have to come up with a
scratch build part that can hold up all 6 flaps, if you're ambitious enough.
For the crotch area you'll need to install a ball joint unit and poly caps
on the legs, just so you can increase the movement. As for the ankles, same
thing, install ball joint and polycaps. Tools that are essential for this
kind of modification:
1.plastic sheets
2.poly caps (from left overs or sets sold from Hobbylink)
3.mini saw (cutting knife could do the job, but very slow though)
4.Epoxy putty or any type of sculpturing putty will do. (essential to hold
parts)
The FG are a good place to start for modification, just because of its
price. However, it's not a simple project, as you'll need a lot of test and
re-testing the parts just to make sure the proportions are all correct. I'm
saying this because after you've gutted the parts for modification, you
won't be able to find any relevant spots to mark down the parts.