Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:39:37 -0400

I've been thinking of using my own color schemes for Gundams, yet I don't want to get a $40 kit to screw it up by painting it. Are the first grade kits good if one wants to practice painting models? I've heard that they are actually not molded in color. What I'd like to do is find a cheap and easy way to practice customizing model kits, and from what I've seen in terms of price and what the kits are, the FG series would seem to be the way to go. Anybody know how good the parts seperation is, or if these are good kits for customizing?
BTW if you're interested here are some color schemes I'd like to put on to spice up the old RX-78.
All grey and black Titans version
Gundam Mark II colors(Black chest)
GM-style colors(Red chest, white core block)
"Reversed" colors(Red chest, blue core block)
"The Way Tomino wanted it but the toy companies would'nt allow it" colors(Mostly white)
 Zaku-style colors(Green, black)
 Brooks Gundam(The Gundam I saw in the Boston Globe advertisement...anyone remember that?)-mostly green
 Flare Gundam-The semi-star of a fanfic I'm working on. Most of the red and yellow bits on RX-78 are replaced with dark orange.