Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:56:53 +0800

>Richie, can you give your opinions on the dub release here? I haven't seen
>the original Escaflowne in a long while... -_-;
>Fed

hmmm..I haven't watched much of it, but it seems to be good enough...I have
subbed copies, so I get the flavor a bit better. I have to admit, though,
that I shouldn't complain about the dubs because of the fact that as the
series progresses, things get a bit complicated, so any attempt at faithful
translation has to follow the old adage of what is meant is more important
than literal translation.

I am NOT a starving writer.

Richard "Richie" Ramos
Associate Editor