Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:25:46 MST

>Blackeagle wrote:
> > I didn't dismiss wing because of the armor issue, I was just responding
> > someone's commentary on the Gulf War. I have much deeper problems with
> > wing.
>
>It was my commentary actually.
>
>Sigh, I guess I may have to quit defending wing. I lack the energy to do
>so....

I know how you feel. After all, I'm the Gundam X fan on this list.

>As a Hardcore UC fan AND Wing Nut I find the sudden disdain shown towards
>wing
>disturbing. I too think Neo Wing fans can be irritating but weren't we all
>at
>first?
>
>If I had to choose between UC and AC, I'd choose UC, but That doesn't mean
>GW
>doesn't have it's merits.
>
>My first gundam was 0080, I saw it on the big screen from a 16 mm film
>print at
>AnimeCon 91. So UC will always be my first love, but GW was the first
>series I
>saw as it came out in japan, so it's special to me. It was also the first
>Gundam
>series that I bought on LD.
>
>Bottom line, Isn't there room for both? there simply aren't that many
>Quality
>mecha shows produced any more. I'm pleased to see gundam make it's first
>inroads
>into american mainstream culture. Lets hope this leads to MSG, 0083, Zeta,
>(ZZ I
>guess),CCA, and victory gundam coming to public attention.

Look, I know some people on this list dislike Wing because it isn't UC.
Some people probably dislike it just because it's popular here and they like
to look down on new fans with the "hah, I've seen the good stuff" attitude.
People may dislike it for all sorts of reasons.

Personally, I dislike Wing on it's own merits (or lack therof). I feel most
of the other Gundam stuff I've seen is better, it has nothing to do with UC
vs AC or new fans vs old fans.

>What do you guys think? (honestly)
>
>---Brett "who really shouldn't post under the influence of scotch"Jensen

Maybe someone should come up with a way to automatically add the posters
blood alcohal level to the header of the message so we know what to expect
:-)