Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:52:24 MST

>Lim Jyue wrote:
> > in 0083, the MSes do take damage when hit by grunt suits, something
> > that I see Wing Gundams simply disregard. I mean, Gundarium might be
>good,
> > but come on! =)
>
>The armor really isn't that far out. in the gulf war perfectly good soviet
>made
>tanks had a very hard time doing any damage to the M1-A1s armor. why do you
>have
>such a hard time believing that such a super armor could be built hundreds
>of
>years in the future? It is also very rare and cost prohibitive which is why
>only
>a few MSs have it.

Well, part of the M1's Gulf War performance was due to it's excellent armor.
  The other part was because the nice Soviet made tanks were firing Iraqi
made ammunition, which wasn't up to Russian standards. Had the M1 been
going up against Soviet 125mm ammunition, the results could have been
somewhat different.

Also keep in mind that the M1 is only really armored against tank caliber
firepower in one direction.