core@gundam.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:01:05 -0400 (EDT)

Jim Huang wrote:
> ago(Back in the Fidonet days), I did an article on Char as a Moses-
> like figure. I may have to see if I can dig them up.

That sounds amazing! Sounds a little outlandish, but I'd love to read it!
:)

> Thinking about it, the song "Let my people go" from Prince of Egypt
> and footage from CCA would make a nice music video, too bad it's
> already too late for this year.

No no, not too late!

> Sunrise want them to have "proper" relationship, and Tomino
> wouldn't let Amuro get married. So she is out.

I can kind of guess why Tomino won't let Amuro get married, but did Tomino
ever come out and explain why?

> > of innocent people. Hmm... it doesn't really compute, does it?
> > Aren't there all her pals back on Earth when she's helping Char
> > drop that little Axis?
>
> Were they really her friends? Remember what whe told Char about
> her relationship with Amuro and co.? And for all she knew, they
> could had already been executed by Fed at that point. Not to
> mention she knew her stepmother is on Earth.

I don't mean Amuro and co., I mean those punks who were helping her run
away from her father at the beginning of the movie. They seem like pretty
buddy buddy with Quess and similarly Fed-haters. Either executed or
crushed, the only outcome (if Char were successful) for these ex-pals of
Quess was death.

> Heian Senki: Gundam Monogatari:
> Char as Hikaru Genji
> Lalah as Fujitsubo
> Quess as Murasaki

Oh my!

> Well, my view is different. On the way up, she looked at her father
> and complained that the world is in the mess because of adults like
> him. Now, that's a very common view for young-teens. However,
> most do nothing about i, and became adult like that. Shoujo

I certainly agree that this is a fundamental theme that permeated most UC
and non-UC Gundam. And I can even say I think there's something very
compelling in this view.

> Similiarly, Tomino, by the example of those two, shows the two
> possibile path for youngsters with that view. They can either
> a)Help the adults who is doing the right thing, even if the price for
> such personal revolution is high.
> b)surive and became the adult who is trying to do the right thing,
> even if the price for such revolution is also very high.

Hmm... I kind of see your point but my interpretation is
slightly different, the conflict is between:
a) those who believe humanity progresses by aggressive elimination of the
   weak and the sick.
b) those who believe to be human is to be compassionate and merciful,
   sometimes even at the price of so-called "progress".

> Both Quess and Hathaway are my role model.

I am more comfortable with Amuro (0079), Mirai (0079), Judo, Usso,
Shkakti, Shiroh and Aina. In an extreme case, even Kikka (0079).

Hmm... I guess the running theme in these characters is that they never
tried to force a change in the world, people who believe they can change
the world tends to become monsters. But these character aren't the type
who sit on their hands as the world goes by. When the world is ready for
a revolution and is in need of some personal sacrifices, someone to take
care of business, they are there to do it.

Name: Core
Patient ID: #1
Condition: Critical