Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 21:43:09 -0400

Personally, I have'nt seen Z or CCA, but I did read on a webpage that after
the final conflict in Z, Char lost all hope in Spacenoids and Earthnoids
living together. It was an all-Char site, I think it's still in the links
section of www.gundamproject.com.

----- Original Message -----
From: <Freedom045@aol.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] CCA

> I like CCA a lot, but I do have some gripes with it.
>
> There is never really a true explanation as to why Char is doing what he
is doing. That is the thing that bugs me the most. Its like all of a sudden,
he wants to bomb earth. This is a very different Char than the one who spoke
at Dakar. Is he doing all this, just so he can get back at Amuro for killing
Lalah? That sounds kinda weak.

> ************************
> Here is the conversation between Amuro and Char before the speech in "Day
of Dakar":

> Char: I'm glad you're giving me a ride.
> Amuro: I'm sure you won't have any trouble. You're the only man who can
represent the AEUG.
> Char: You mean a man who can't decide his own fate?
> Amuro: People are always looking for a hero.
> Char: You want me to act like you?
> Amuro: I'd say you're just lucky to have that choice. It's not like I can
change my own situation.
> Char: Amuro...
> Amuro: People have always been changing, haven't they?
>
> Later, aboard the Aldomura after the speech...
>
> Hayato: Congratulations on the successful mission.
> Char: Thank you, If we've convinced others to help, then we have
succeeded.
> Hayato: That was a fine speech.
> Char: Oh, yes?
> Amuro: What's wrong?
> Char: Nothing.
> Amuro: Thanks to you, the AEUG and Kalaba are celebrating.
> Char: But I lost my freedom as a result.
> Amuro: Oh, so that's what's wrong?
> Char: Yeah.
> Amuro: We're going to send all of the people on Earth into space. We
should have a few sacrifices.
> Char: So am I a sacrifice?
> Amuro: Maybe it's in your family
>
> (they toast, which I think is a beautiful scene, and its the last one in
which they appear together face to face. I'm just left scratching my head to
see why Char suddenly goes nuts as it were.)

> ************************
>

> Also, where are all the people from Zeta or ZZ even? Why did we have to
get Chein, Quess, Gynei, Lezun, and Kayra Sun when they could've gone with
Camille, Fa, or even Judo. I like Chien, but why replace someone like
Beltochika Irma, with nary a mention?

> The last time we saw Amuro Ray, he was still content with being in the
background. How did he all of a sudden find "religion" and return to space
to kick ass. I just wish they had set up Char and Amuro better.

> Still, there are some great moments in CCA. My favorite is when Amuro is
fighting Gyunei and Quess and he takes out Gyunei with one blast, just
wiping him out. Now that's a way to kill a major character in a movie! The
scene where the Nu gundam arrives on the scene and all the Geara Dogas run
away still sends chills up my spine =)