Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:03:43 -0700

>Edward Ju wrote:
>
>> In that case, G was the homage, and W was the result of laziness.
>
>Other than the Gundams (which are necissary for the show to be called
>Gundam) There
>were NO elements taken from MSG in G Gundam. It was a complete break with
>Gundam.
>Wing was the first to kind of "Remake" 0079 for the 90s.

You missed the synopsis I translated from a huge magazine article a while
ago on how G Gundam was the true "son of Tomino" compared to all the
"realistic, gritty military drama" like 0083 and other OYW OVAs. I think
someone archived it... might be up at Ben's www.gundam.com site.

>> Yeah... I do know a girl who was first exposed to Gundam through Wing,
>> but she hated it after discovering the UC universe. However, people like
>> her are the exception, not the norm. It is also kind of annoying when
>> people think Char is a Zech clone. Hmmm...
>
>Yeah...that would suck! Pisses me off as much as Robotech fans who insist that
>Robotech is better than Macross. ARRRRGH!

I rest my case. :)

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0