-V- (vsze@wwdg.com)
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:58:18 -0700

From: <Freedom045@aol.com>

> In a message dated Mon, 12 Jun 2000 5:17:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
"-V-" <vsze@wwdg.com> writes:

> << I have been surfing around on the english webpages and basically I find
that most people here do not like ZZ. However, on a few pages, they say
things
> along the lines of "it dissappointed most fans" etc... But the thing is,
I remember when my friends and I were watching it (we were only 7 or 8 years
> old back then mind you!) we loved the show more than any cartoon that
ever came out. Seriously, it was THE BEST GUNDAM SHOW if you were born in
the early 80's and watching it at that time. >>

> I see that you obviously weren't watching ZETA Gundam.

I did watch zeta, but only during the rerun season... I found it a bit too
similar to the original series at first. But it was also a good series.
Later when I rented it again, I watched Z, then Double Z and it was a bit
better (it flows better instead of just ending half way thru the story).

> My major beef with GUNDAM ZZ is that its lighthearted approach and comedic
plot was a complete turnaround from the gut wrenching intensity and drama of
ZETA GUNDAM.

> I guess if I were to make some kind of comparison it would be that if ZETA
was like "Saving Private Ryan", GUNDAM ZZ would be like "Hogan's Heroes".
Now, I like "Hogan's Heroes" a lot, but I certainly wouldn't try to directly
link it to "Saving Private Ryan" in any way.

hahaha i was 8 back then!!! even when i watched 0080 when it first came
out, that was too saddening... (it was excellent and by far my favorite
ova... ) but tv show wise, i found zz more "intense" towards the end.
what's hogan's heroes??

> They say the same thing about THE PHANTOM MENACE, but that still doesn't
make me feel better about what a disappointment I think it was.

i must agree with you on this one... (-.-;;; the phantom menace was quite
a dissappointment...

> I think most dissatisfaction with ZZ comes due to the fact that it is
almost the complete opposite as to what ZETA was. However, after seeing what
has come out since, especially the dreadful Gundam X, ZZ doesn't look as bad
as it once did.

> that's my humble opinion,
> Tom

yeah, i think personally, i liked the exact opposite (well, it runs in quite
well after Z too) since Z was a bit too heavy at the end. Maybe it's too
many things and too many factions coming out at the same time. In a way,
the change of mood helps summarize the series a bit more. Afterall, I think
people would've been bored with gundam if the characters in ZZ turned out to
be the exact same as the previous two series.