Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:41:03 -0700

> OK, this is probably the strangest question ever on the ML, but was
>there ever a Gundam theme park attraction?

No, but there will be a virtual ride that's not unlike the Star Tours ride
at Disneyland. Basically you've got moving/shaking chairs and a bigass
screen showing the final battle at Abaowaku

>I mean, basically everything here in America has some kind of ride or
>show. Star Wars has Star Tours, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, even
>Star Trek has that "Stage show". I realize that Gundam is pretty close to
>being a national icon or something in Japan, and I know that another
>anime franchise, Sanrio(Hello Kitty!)has a theme park, so I'm
>curious...was there ever a Gundam ride? Chris

Hello Kitty is not an anime franchise, it's started as a merchandising
bonanza for Sanrio. It's bigger than Gundam too - after all, there are
tons of Hello Kitty stores in the U.S. and other countries outside Japan.
A riot broke out when Hello Kitty Happy Meal toys debuted in Taiwan's
McDonald's, after people camped out on streets waiting in line to get them.
The girls blow so mcuh money on Hello Kitty crap we Gundam collectors just
pale by comparison.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0