Peter Savin (pedro@shiporama.org)
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:25:05 -0700

Try making a new rod (you can use a piece of the tree the parts came on),
which is long enough to extend into the part you're gluing it to. Drill a
hole into the part, then put the rod through the hole. If you use strong
liquid styrene cement, it should weld them together pretty tightly. You can
also try filling the part that the rod extends into with epoxy (the more
surface area you have in contact with the epoxy, the better it will stick).

Peter Savin
bawoo@shiporama.org

-----Original Message-----
From: -V- <vsze@wwdg.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org <gundam@aeug.org>
Date: Sunday, June 11, 2000 12:50 AM
Subject: [gundam] modelling adhesives

For modelling people:
When doing customizing, let's say you were to make joint (or let's say you
are extending a forearm) alot of the times, you would have a _L <-- this
kind of a protruding thing.. (sorry, not very good explanation). But after
you cut that protruding thing and extend with plastic board etc.. what do
you guys use to stick the new plastic rod back on? This is usually
something I'm always stuck with and each time, it falls off. I've tried
epoputty, epoxy, cement, laquer putty... but after moving it around, it
will still break. (i want to keep the movement).