Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:54:25 MST

Am I the only one to have noticed a strong Patlabor influence in Gundam X?

The most notable instance is probable the Jenice (the Colonies' grunt suit
in the war) which looks like it's one part Zaku and two parts Shaft Broken.

Another mecha that reminded me of Patlabor is the Gundam Virsago (the red
bad guy Gundam). It's method of reveling the stomach mounted beam cannon by
raising the torso is very reminicent of the Shaft Phantom.

The Gundam X itself uses the same cockpit arrangement as the Ingram.

Plus, of course, the maintance team reminds me a lot of the Patlabor
mechanics.