Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:52:50 -0700

Blackeagle wrote:

> Well, I think I convinced many people on this list that I was nuts with my
> CCA review yesterday. This'll probably make the other half think likewise
> :-)

I'm convinced. ^_-

> I just finished watching the first 20 episodes of Gundam X. Given number

> I really like this series. Really! It's definitely the best Gundam TV
> series I've seen (pulling in quite a bit ahead of Wing and just squeaking in
> above Zeta).

Back! get back evil one! Go back to the evil pit that spawned ye!!! ^_^
I like X too (a little bit) but it simply doesn't compare to either of those
series.

> The mecha designs are good. I really like the Gundam X itself (in it's
> original configuration, before they gave it the funky looking shield).

> I think the Airmaster's rather interesting. It's the first transforming
> mobile suit that actually looks like a real airplane rather than just a
> rearranged mobile suit. I guess for this reason it reminds me of the
> Macross VFs.

Um...buy the model kit. It only looks like a plane from the top. the
transformation is pretty similar to the Wing actually.

Kawamori would be spinning in his grave. (if he were dead.) Please don't compare
the Transformer headed wing ripoff Airmaster, to the greatest transforming
design ever.

> Don't really like the Leopard as much. It definitely seems like the
> Heavyarms Mk. II (or if you count the Heavyarms Kai and Custom, the Mk. IV
> :-)

The upgrade of Leopard is cooler.

> The story seems to be paced rather differently than other Gundam TV series,
> but I like the effect. The structure involving 4-5 episode 'mini-arcs'
> rather than one massive story arc seems to work very effectively.

What story? It never goes anywhere.

> What I really love about this series is the characters and the way they are
> treated. All the characters are unique and all seem to have their own
> backstory (though not all have been revealed so far). I love the fact that
> lots of time is given over to character development.

Where are all of these great characters? I can't think of one really good one.
As far as being original goes...well the story was original in 1979.

> I just really love this series!

It's a free country.

---Brett Jensen