core@gundam.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:33:43 -0400 (EDT)

Blackeagle wrote:
> I'm finding it really hard to quantify my feelings about this movie. All of

Nice review. Haha everytime I sit down to write a review for CCA, I just
can't finish it. When so many things went wrong, I don't even know how to
write them out with going incoherent. :P

> Quess, Gyunei Gass and Chein Agi are cardboard cutouts. There's precious

Both Quess and Hathaway should have been good characters. But alas next
to Amuro, Char and Lalah, they were insignificant fleas.

> Amuro spends most of the movie in the background (it seems like Bright Noa
> has more screen time up until the final battle) and from his few brief cameo

Bright got the screen time because of all the political arm twisting and
intrigues. This part I like. Somewhat... it's hard to believe there are
people stupid enough to let Char have all his ways.

> why he's doing this. Char get's more screen time, but his motives are so
> murky and contradictory that it's hard to tell what's going on. I know they

Of 0079, Zeta and CCA, Char's characterization is perhaps the worst in
CCA.

> Furthermore, there isn't really much discussion of the ethics behind Char's
> plan and Amuro, Bright etc's opposition to it. When that sort of thing does
> come up it mostly consists of Char and Amuro screaming in between pummeling
> each other. More amplification would have been welcome.

And it could have, should have been told from Quess and Hathaway's point
of view.

> don't particularly like would have been better if they'd had more episodes
> (specifically 0083 and F91). On the other hand, Wing probably could have
> been improved with fewer episodes.

Notice most of the specific problems with CCA recurred in F91. CCA should
have been about 5-6 hours OVA. F91 should have been a 26 episode series.
But one might consider V to be that series. No such luck for CCA.

And CCA OVA should have begun at the beginning, started with Char's return
from the dead, forming the Neo Zeon, prompting Amuro to come out of
retirement/house arrest and rejoining Bright (was that how it went?) and
Char's getting a hold of the asteroid. God damn! CCA movie skipped an
entire 50% of the story!

Name: Core
Patient ID: #1
Condition: Critical