Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:21:04 -0400

I recall reading at the Presto Studios site that George Lucas was planning to make a Gundam movie in the 80s. Interesting....do anybody know if it's true? There apparentally are some slight anime references in TPM-for instance, the flying things on Naboo are called "Peko Peko" a direct reference to Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Darth Maul has a double-bladed saber which might(Might) have been inspired by the Geloog)Come to think of it, there's some Geloogness in those battle droids as well.
Also, the Midichlorian scanners a little Akira-style, and those Trade Federation landing ships are similar to Nausicca's flying ships. Plus, the Trade Federation seems to harken straight from a Leiji Matsumoto anime. We know George is into Japanese stuff, why not Gundam?
Plus, there's a new episode II prop photo that looks suspiciouslly like Haro :)

Chris