KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@tech-base.com)
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:34:57 -0700

G Gundam was meant to be Marvel VS Capcom meets Gundam. Which is what
happened...but then it mixes classical (very classical) good ol' Mazinger Z
and Voltron antics to Gundam...which is the reason why I didn't like it.
Gundam as Tomino wanted to be in the first place, was to be a realistic
version of the mecha shows. Till Gundam showed up, all the mecha shows in
Japan were just about a guy in a big robot fighting with really wacky
magical powers and black and white evil antagonists. Tomino wanted to make
a realistic show (well more believable than what's out there) and that's
the intended purpose of Gundam. If you try to change that, well...it's not
exactly Gundam is it now...