Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:31:24 MST

There was one thing that annoyed me about CCA which I didn't mention in my
review posting. I left it out because while it annoyed me, I think CCA has
problems over and above this little nitpick. That said . . .

Nuclear weapons do NOT make big nuclear explosions when you destroy them!

You can burn, smash, blow up, etc. a properly designed nuke and it will not
cause a nuclear explosion. The only thing you can do is set off the 100 or
so pounds of conventional explosives used to trigger the nuclear reaction.
This will spread the weapon's Uranium/Plutonium around making the are
radioactive, but it will not cause a nuclear explosion. For U.S. nuclear
designs, the 'One Point Safety' standard is there must be a less than 1 in
1,000,000 chance of a significant nuclear yield if the conventional
explosive is accidentally set off.

Unlike what's show in CCA, blowing up a nuclear missile would result in a
much smaller explosion than destroying they same type of missile with a
conventional warhead.

End of nitpicky rant.