Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:51:17 -0400

Maybe Mark Simmons could do it? He's pretty good at taking rather cruddy designs and making them cool-looking(Like the Gog). Speaking of which, I wonder if he plans to put up the ver.sim of the Zacarello...
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: James Boren
  To: gundam@aeug.org
  Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 4:48 AM
  Subject: Re: [gundam] G Gundam retcons?

    I'm curious....has anybody ever tried to retcon the Gundams featured in G Gundam, whether by a fan, or officially? They are kinda funky-looking, it'd be interesting to see a more up-to-date version of them.

    Chris

  I remember seeing some updates in a hobby magazine a few years ago. They were meant to be further versions of the 5 main Gundams. I think it was for a Audio drama? Anyway, the designs were even more gaudy than the originals, overkill on the details.

  The cool thing about the G universe is that for every fight (I think they occur every 4 or 7 years) the countries enter completely new gundams to represent them. (I think the John Bull gundam is an exception though) So the retcon world is wide open. Let's see, 13 fights(or rather 12 since we've already seen the designs for the 13th fight)...250 participants per fight,.. that makes around 3000 gundams waiting to be designed! That would be one giant fan project.

  -James