Jorge Lee (jorgelee@singnet.com.sg)
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 14:35:53 +0800

Just to add my two cents on this event ...

Mr. Tomino made his appearance at 7pm, to the warm applause of the crowd.
There was a screening of a 5 minutes video clip before the Q & A session
started.

Lim Jyue has already given a good summary of the Q & A session but he left
out a comment by Mr. Tomino on CCA. In response to a question on CCA, Mr.
Tomino mentioned off-handedly that he was unhappy with the way CCA turned
out.

My impression from the Q & A session is that Mr. Tomino is unhappy that
focus on Gundam has turned onto the Mobile Suits. Not only does he seems to
have disdain for the more recent Gundam series, he seems to share the same
feelings for his own work like CCA. Making Turn-A Gundam was his way of
steering it back to his ideal vision for Gundam. Perhaps this explains the
weird MS designs in Turn-A.

During the autograph session, I overheard a autograph seekers asking if Mr.
Tomino could do a sketch for him. He was told by the bookstore staff that
Mr. Tomino would only autograph for him. However, I did noticed that while
penning his first autograph, he added a drawing of Haro.

Anybody going for the Gundam screening tomorrow? Perhaps we can sneak in
some questions on Turn-A; how it unifies all the Gundam Timeline and what
purpose does it serve ...

Jorge