Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:37:26 -0700

Garrick Lee asks,

> kwistchin: what does char's piloting style reflect on
> char's true skill? if he didn't have all those ace
> pilot screens, would he have been as deadly and
> effective? how good is char, one on one, with no
> screens?

  What "ace pilot screens"? The only time, to my knowledge, that Char
ever teamed up with any other decent pilot was when he used his Type 100
as a makeshift booster for Camille's Gundam Mark II in Z Gundam.
Otherwise, he's always been a complete lone wolf.

  Perhaps you're thinking of the Ace Corps, the Gelgoog test team made up
of Zeon aces pulled from the frontlines. But Char had nothing to do with
that. In fact, there were 24 Gelgoogs assigned to the Ace Corps, and the
25th was given to Char to go off and do his own testing. The Red Comet
does not play well with others. :-)

-- Mark