Tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 07:45:34 -0700

>I personally think
>the mecha designs pretty much killed the show from day one. I think if there
>is a new series, we'll probably see more Traditional Gundams, with the mouth
>slots and the V-fin above the head, along with the little yellow heat vent
>things on the chest.

For the most part I agree, Syd Mead designs rarely make it into any show or
movie without considerable revision (they're often impractical to build),
unlike in Turn-A where they just animated the drawings (they should have
worked out models from Mead's designs and animated the resulting compromise).

On the other hand, I have to stick up for the Sumo. IMO, it's more in line
with classic Mobile Suit styling. I still wish the Turn-A had been derived
from the Sumo rather than being surreal reflection of previous Gundams.

tby