Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 00:33:36 -0700

>It's rotten to stick it to people just because something is temporarily in
>high
>demand. IMO, they should never charge more than $10 for a $500 yen kit.
>
>----Brett Jensen

Well there's capitalist system for ya. After last year's major earthquake
in Taiwan, every necessesity's price went up, but there's nothing the
government could do - it's a capitalist society, sellers are free to name
their price as long as people are willing to pay. The flip side of the coin
is you are free to buy from whoever is willing to sell it for the lowest
price. You can always buy online and cut out the middleman, which in and
of itself is killing local retailers who are forced to figure higher profit
margins into their price structure, even if they don't want to, since they
can move less merchandise now and need to make more per item in order to
stay in business.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0