Leslie_Rashana (trojan@atoka.net)
Tue, 06 Jun 2000 15:48:18 -0500

Chris Maier wrote:

> But does'nt the mass-produced VF-22 lack some of the systems that it's
> prototype, YF-21 had? That way it would be more on par with VF-19, although
> while the VF-19 was produced in large quantities, the VF-22 became sort of a
> "Special forces" fighter along the lines of VF-17.

you'r right about the special forces thing, but as for removing systems
they only took out the controversial BDI/BCS brain-operatede controls..
other stuff like active stealth and Inertia-vector systems were retained
and they even added some systems like more missile tubes and such..
looking throuhg the stats on Dave's site the two seem largely identical
but for a ew minor points. from my own research in some on-line
resources and confirmed by some freinds with access to mroe in-depth
hard-copy materials their differences are more dramatic

VF-19 > VF-22
faster
more maneuverable in fighter mode

VF-22 > VF-19
more maneuverable in Battroid mode
heavier armor

theier on-board missile loads are comperable by volume but the VF-22's
is a bit more diverse, while totally they may both have the same amount
of cannon fire-power with the VF-19's gunpod and it's extra clips the
VF-22's twin non ield reloadable gunpods have the potentioal for greater
vollume of fire in the short term

--
                                  -Balki Bartokamouse