Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:36:34 -0400

It does sort of depend on the pilot. I mean, Emerald Force was composed of
mostly a bunch of grunts led by Docker, who was pretty much a jerk. The
VF-22s, on the other hand, were piloted by some of the best surviving
Valkyrie pilots, Max and Millia(Since Hikaru Ichijo was nowhere to be found,
and nobody knows what happened to Isamu)

----- Original Message -----
From: Roland Thigpen <jenius@unspacy.org>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: VF-19 vs VF-22 was Re: [gundam] rpg stuff

> The production version VF-22 lacks the Brain Imaging System. After its
removal, and the installation of an active stealth system on the VF-19, the
two variable fighters are really about equal performance wise. It depends on
the pilot. However, you are also correct in that the VF-22 was seen as more
of a special forces fighter, and the VF-19 was to be the replacement for the
VF-11 Thunderbolt III. The VF-22 was the one who was to be a strike-type
fighter as it could carry two nucle..excuse me, reflex missiles in its
internal bays (this is what Max and Miriya use on that Protodevlin near the
end of Macross 7), whereas the VF-19 was more of a superiority fighter, with
its 48 mini-missiles in its legs. And the VF-22 still had a bit better
stealth system than the VF-19, despite the active stealth system that was
later installed on it. Even with the Imaging System, the YF-22 and the YF-19
were pretty evenly matched, with it coming down to the pilots. The major
advantage (other than !
> the imaging system) that the YF-22 had was the fact that it could eject
its legs if they are damaged (as seen in the Macross Plus Movie), and still
maintain flight (also enhancing its abilities as a strike fighter, it was
harder to take out). Most other variable fighters, including the YF-19, had
their main engines mounted in the legs.

> Roland
>
> BTW, I helped Dave with some of those stats too, so if you are complaining
about it...

> Oh, and this really doesn't have anything to do with Gundam, so maybe it
would be better taken elsewhere?