Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 06 Jun 2000 23:26:10 +0800

>I mean... think about the fact that most mobile suits look so good with a
>sword. If they didn't have some hints of past armor, they'd look out of
>place carrying such an ancient weapon.
>The Zaku though, seems to me like a mix between a Shogun and Roman empire
>suit of armor, if that makes sense. So the designers do seem to pull from
>other sources as well. But a Gundam (especially a Zeta or 178) screams
>Shogun armor to me.
>What does everyone else think?
>Jeff C

Well, the basic gundam desgin is technically samurai, but there have been
other cultures (and let's not get into G Gundam please). The Hydra Gundam
from G-unit, for example, is a mixe betweena Zeong, a Gelgoog and a
generic Hindu Deity, what with it having four faces and four arms.

I am NOT a starving writer.

Richard "Richie" Ramos
Associate Editor

www.localvibe.com