Jeff Caraway (jeff.caraway@mindspring.com)
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:19:48 -0400

> Actually, a Zaku reminds me of ancient gladiators.
That's an interesting statement. I find that most of the mobile suits remind
me of very stylized Shogun era armor from ancient Japan.
They really seem to draw from that heritage allot in most every robot series
they do.
I mean... think about the fact that most mobile suits look so good with a
sword. If they didn't have some hints of past armor, they'd look out of
place carrying such an ancient weapon.
The Zaku though, seems to me like a mix between a Shogun and Roman empire
suit of armor, if that makes sense. So the designers do seem to pull from
other sources as well. But a Gundam (especially a Zeta or 178) screams
Shogun armor to me.
What does everyone else think?
Jeff C