garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 22:19:05 -0700 (PDT)

> Aaack! He's trashing my precious Zaku!

and fed has the gall to call me a zaku...

*mauls fed with a big axe*

dammit, don't call me zaku! (cartman accent)

> To me the Zaku has allways represented the ultimate
> in 'grunt' mecha. The
> dark green paint scheme, the menacing look of the
> monoeye, all combine to
> create an air of brawny menace. However, I find it
> neither gaudy nor
> villainous. The GM may look like a walking fighter
> plane, but the Zaku
> looks like a walking tank. For comparisom, the only
> thing that comes close
> is the tribarrel armed military labor from Patlabor
> 2.

a walking tank? macross destroids come a lot closer
to "walking tanks" than gundam's humanoid mechs. a
guncannon or guntank (doh :P) comes closer to that
than a zaku. a zaku is a pit fighter, enough said.

> Of course, I must admit that the shoulder spikes are
> a bit much. The L
> shaped shield armor on the other shoulder is much
> more effective. Protects
> the vunerable arm without obstructing it's movement.
>
> <Chris stops, goes over to his MG Zaku and pulls off
> the shoulder spikes and
> shield. He notes that the attachment point on each
> arm is identical>
> Maybe I'll have to get another MG Zaku and see what
> putting shields on both
> shoulders looks like.

i had that idea. :) if the MG zaku fz ever comes
out, i'll go and get it (would be my first and only
zaku) and strap on two shields. or maybe get a second
and strap it on with two shoulder spikes (i don't
believe i'll be able to get a second shield :P).

i guess it's the asymmetry that gets to me. and the L
shaped shield...*shudder*

i still think the leo does a good job of screaming out
"i'm a grunt, hear me explode". looking banal and
boring IS the point.

-garrick