Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 10:15:57 -0700

core@gundam.com wrote:

> Jim Dulhunty wrote:
> > The first was in a two-part article in the now defunct Mecha Press, "Mobile
>
> Mecha Press is not defunct, it's just renamed to Protoculture Addicts.

Not exactly.... PA predates Mecha Press by quite awhile. It started out as the
official robotech fanzine (hence the name) and evolved into an anime mag. I ought
to know I got a subscription too it back in 1990 when they were switching to all
anime, it was actually what introduced me to the wider world of anime. (and then
I got that fateful flier for Animecon 91!)

The same group of robo-headed Canadians who created PA went on to create Mecha
Press. Oh, god how I miss MP, Animag, V-max, and all of the other defuct FAN
ORIENTED anime magazines. Hey, does anyone know if Animeco is still being
published?

---Brett Jensen