lemon (lemontea@earthlink.net)
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 21:32:00 -0700

Brett Jensen wrote:

> Doesn't suprise me, Heavy gear is soooo blatantly VOTOMS anyway. (with a
> little Dougram)

I've always called Heavy Gear the "North American Votoms", and Jovian
Chronicles the "North American Gundam". They are such excellent
"rip-offs", that you can't even be upset at Dream Pod 9 for ripping
those shows off because they did such a fantastic job at it (I mean
that as the highest kind of praise). However, I am kind of dreading the
Heavy Gear animated series that is supposedly in the works - I fear it
will suck like a cheap hooker...

        Trevor in Irvine