Jim Dulhunty (s3159706@student.anu.edu.au)
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:27:39 +1100

>Leslie_Rashana wrote:
>
>> i know Palladium has taken some hits for it's mecha combat system but i
>> think there's would be better equipped fro dealing with newtypes..
>> probably as minor/major psionics with heavy on the extra sensory and
>> wit bonuses to reflexes (the Physical Prosess or PP attribute in that
>> system)
>
>Without not getting into the specifics of Palladium (I technically still
>use it
>for Robotech, albeit heavy modified beyond recognition), Mekton's anime-style
>Psionics can just as easily, if not better oriented for Gundam. Besides,
>Mekton
>was all but written for Gundam.
>
> Neil

Palladium, isn't that a dirty word. Dave Dunham has a pretty good version
of the RX-78 for Palladium - http://www.steelfalcon.com/Mecha/gundam.shtml
- but overall I've never liked the Palladium system. I don't even use it
for Robotech anymore, finding Mekton Z far more effective.

On the New Type question, there are two stabs at defining them for Mekton.
The first was in a two-part article in the now defunct Mecha Press, "Mobile
Suit Mekton" (#10 & #11 I think), which uses pretty much the same system as
MZ with a few changes and additions. The second, by Ben Wright, posits a
'New type' stat, which gives you all sorts of juicy bonuses as well as
allowing you to create psionic-like effects under stressful conditions.
Its avaiable online, but I don't have the address with me right now.

Not sure which I'll use when I get round to running it. Probably wont
happen for sometime.

Jim