Enriquez, Eric (EEnriquez@hatch.ca)
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 09:22:51 -0400

TORCAN 2000
(Toronto Canada plastic modelers 2000 model contest)

Well I knew that local modelers were not to much into mecha models because
in the last contest that I was involved in (over 10 years ago) there were no
more than 50 models entered in the sci-fi category. Well I guess this con
was a bust because there were less than 30 models in all the sci-fi
categories combined. No Gundam related mecha at all except for my 2.

The good news was that my 2 models won 1st in their respective categories.

MG Zeta in Fictional Sci-Fi flying machines
MG GM Custom in Sci-Fi out-of-the box

My other entry a 1/24 Scopedog won a honorable mention in the Sci-Fi ground
category which was a very hot category with some very professional looking
models some fully scratch built (1st place). I guess my out-of-box kit with
only the Wave upgrade head and hands just didn't have as much detail and
effort as some of the more advantageous models.

Anyway it turned out good for me but I was disappointed in the non existent
Gundam turnout.

Wasn't there some Northeast sic-fi modeling show being held somewhere in
upstae New York?

BTW. I hope to send some pics to Core to post in Newtype in the near
future.