Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
4 Jun 2000 15:45:58 -0000

On Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:39:27 EDT MCCOLGDEB@aol.com wrote:
>I got the 1st run DVD about a week ago, the Strawberrys around here had a few
>left. Thinking about getting the Record of Lodoss War package, it's a DVD
>collection with the entire show, $60. Is that a good deal?

I just got it myself a week ago for my birthday. Considering that the VHS packages go for $100 (dubbed) or $120 (subbed), and you get both in this one thing for almost 1/4th the cost ($60) of buying both of those, plus some other extra little goodies, I'd say it is a good deal. Plus, you don't have to worry about wearing out tapes.

Right now, if I know some anime is coming out on DVD, I wait for the DVD. More economical. You get both subbed and dubbed in the one DVD, and for less than the price of buying both sets of VHS tapes, plus the DVDs usually have some little extras.

Roland