BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 01:56:09 EDT

In a message dated 6/4/00 1:33:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, core@gundam.com
writes:

  If you guys don't mind, I am going to say, to the best of my memory, which
scenes are in the three movies and which are left out, to help show the
differences between the 3 movies and the series. Here goes:

> 1-Gundam is on some kind of platform, rises up, and air comes out of
> those yellow thingys in the chest. Zakus slide down a hill and attempt
> to fire on it, but to no avail. The Gundam lunges. I'm pretty sure

 Episode 1. The first appearance of RX-78.

I believe this is early in the first movie.

> 2-In a desert enviornment, The Gouf is whipping around at the
> Guncannon, which jumps around trying to avoid the whip, firing off
> shots.

 Episode 16. Sayla took the Gundam, so it was Amuro in Guncannon facing
 Ranba Ral in Gouf.

I am pretty sure this is as well.

> 3-Doms(Black Trinary?) Move around on trippy background, slip around
> the Gundam and one of them spikes a midea-class transport with the
> redhead officer inside. The Midea collapses to the ground.

 Ep 24. Black Trinary killed Matilda, Amuro cut Black Trinary down to
 Black Binary.

I don't think this is in any of the 3 movies. I could be wrong.

> 4-Gog fights with Gundam underwater.

 Ep. 26 (maybe wrong on this...)

I don't think this was in the movies. I would have probably remembered
something like this. I bet this scene was very fun to watch.

> 5-A GM tangles with Char's Z'gock, meets a nasty end as Char punches
> through it.

 Ep. 29. First attack at Jaburo.

Um, am not sure if this is in the movies or not.

> 6-Guntank is continously firing at night. The Gouf is jumping around
> the firefight.

 Ep. 12 (I think). Ranba Ral's debut.

Am totally unsure about this one. Since its Ranba Ral's debut, then this is
probably in one of the movies. Character debuts are important.

> 7-Gundam vs. Geloog in space. A core fighter buzzes around. Ends with
> the Gundam "Disarming" the Geloog.

 Ep. 41. Sayla in G-Fighter (Corebooster in the movies), Char in Gelgoog.
 In the next moment Lalah Sun will be killed by Amuro. This scene is
 rather different in the movies too.

Well, can't comment here, as Core knows his stuff and describes the
differences here.

> 8-An Acguy hits some kind of reactor, then signals to Char's Z'gock
> and several Acguy. A snake sees them and freaks out in a very comic
> kind of way. The Acguys and the Z'gock jump off a cliff. Extremely

 Hmm... I think this is Ep. 30. The second attack on Jaburo. Kind of
 forgot how it goes in the movies, I think the movies skipped the first
 attack. BTW, it's turret/scouting post not a reactor, and I personally
 object to the spelling Z'gock as used on the HGUC kit.

Yeah, a remember the snake freak out from the movies. I believe some of this
was cut for the movie, as the scene seemed shorter then the above
description. I prefer the Zugock spelling myself as well. This spelling is
more personal preference then anything else.

 In your list, #1, 3, 5, 7 are all very memorable scenes and are favorite
 subjects for dioramas. Esp. #5, there must be 4 or 5 entries of this
 diorama (using HGUC Zugock) in the Ora-Zaku contest. #3 and 7 are perhaps
 the most tragic and memorable scenes in 0079. I still get the shivers
 thinking about them. >>

  Yes, I agree.

Aaron