Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 12:17:47 +0800

>Actually, I prefer that the arm pops out than breaks outright. I guess
>Bandai just had no way to make a shield that big for an arm that small.
>You can use elmer's glue to strengthen the shoulder joint connecting to the
>upper arm, giving it mobility and tightness. I dunno if it will still pop
>out (I haven't glued mine together because I'm still going to paint it). The
>shield itself is hopeless unless you make a special forearm brace. I think a
>Hobby Japan magazine has a sample modification...
>However, that shield stays put if you pose it correctly and place the tip on
>top of one of the "toes". My unglued but assembled GP-02 has been standing
>in the same pose for two weeks now. I just need time to find the right mix
>of paint the skin to get the grayish-white for this Gundam. :(
>Fed

Hey Fed, am still working on the modification to the backpack so I can
hitch the shled there...I might use the gelgoog's back clamp for it,
drilling a hole into the backpack, placing that, then clamping the shield
to it. It might be an easier thing to do than make a Gyan style armbrace
for the shield.

I am NOT a starving writer.

Richard "Richie" Ramos
Associate Editor