Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:13:19 -0400

Since I have'nt seen the original movies(Although I've read the manga) , how
about some casting for 0080 or 0083. Sean Connery could do an interesting
Captain Steiner, Dunno about Al or Chris(Hally Osmet does'nt seem like Al,
and for Chris it would have to be somebody who's nice but defensive at some
points). Any good Spanish or Russian actors that would fit the part of
Garcia or Misha?
   For 0083, I think Laura Dern could probably do a good Nina. Kou's a tough
one...maybe a Baldwin, since they're prone to temper tantrums and wrecking
stuff, just like Kou. Any ideas for Captain Synapse, Keith,The Zeon, or the
immortal Fourth team guys?

----- Original Message -----
From: <Freedom045@aol.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Cc: <AUColonist@aol.com>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 5:54 PM
Subject: Gundam Casting Call - (was RE: [gundam] Live action Gundam actors?)

> Seeing all these posts the past few days have got me thinking. I'm really
surprised at some of the picks of actors who don't even remotely resemble
the characters.

> I tried to give some somewhat "serious" thought as to who I would cast in
a GUNDAM live action if the cameras were to roll tomorrow.

> I've included links to a few of these actors and hope you'll check them
out an let me know what you think.

> thanks,
> Tom
>
> ***********************
>
> AMURO RAY
>
> Chris O'Donnell or Scott Wolf (Party of Five). O'Donnell is probably too
old now to play the young Amuro, but he'd be good for the Amuro of 0093.
Other actors I think could do it are Mark Wahlberg and Steve Zahn.

> I don't watch the show, but one actor who I thought really looked the part
of the young Amuro Ray is Joshua Jackson of Dawson's Creek
> http://www.dawsons-creek.com/gallery/pacey6.html
> http://www.dawsons-creek.com/gallery/pacey8.html
> http://www.dawsons-creek.com/gallery/pacey10.html
>
> (James VanDerbeek certainly has the chin to play Sleggar Row. I could also
see a blue haired Seth Green as Kai Shiden)

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6615/kirsten/pictures/kcd01.jpg

> Renee Zelwegger
> http://mrshowbiz.go.com/people/reneezellweger/index.html
>
> *****************
>
> BRIGHT NOAH
>
> Ben Cross
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Screen/8218/gallery/ds16.jpg
> http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Screen/8218/gallery/misc03.jpg
> http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Screen/8218/gallery/play04.jpg
>
> (I know he's old, but ever since I first saw MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM way back
when, he's been my choice, he has the right look, and he's really british
too.)

> Christian Bale
>
> http://mrshowbiz.go.com/people/christianbale/
>
> (he'd be good, but I also think he's sinister looking enough to be
Paptimus Scirrocco)

> ***************************
>
> CHAR AZNABLE/QUATTRO BAGINA
>
> Jude Law
>
> Of the actors out there today, there is only one actor who I think could
play Char in all his incarnations (0079-0093).

> Ever since I saw THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY, I've thought this guy was
revelation as an actor. I think he's got the right amount of charisma, he
looks debonair and sinister at the same time. His deceptive looks make him
look like a hero or a villain, which is what Char is.

> http://mrshowbiz.go.com/people/judelaw/index.html
> http://vweb.ar.com.au/~jriddler/jude-gallery.html
>
> check out the links and let me know what you think.
>

> ***************************************
>

> In a message dated Thu, 1 Jun 2000 9:35:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, -Z-
<Z@Gundam.Com> writes:

> << Amuro's 15, Char's 20, and Bright's 19 -- both Val Kilmer and Nicholas
Cage are waaay too old. Leonardo DiCaprio is at the upper end of the age
range to play any of these characters and, while some have touted him for
Char, I think he'd actually be better cast as Garma Zabi.

> Haley Joel Osment (Sixth Sense) would be my choice for Amuro and not just
because he was up for an Oscar. I was blown away by his performance as a
leukemia patient who wanted to sue God on an episode of Ally McBeal. If
> anyone can play Amuro both as the geek boy next door and the berserker
Gundam pilot, it's this guy.

> Whoever plays Char has to be able to make you love him and hate him at the
same time. I don't keep track of the current heartthrobs, but he'll have to
be more than just another pretty face. Casper Van Dean has the looks and
showed both sides of Char's character with his before-and-after boot camp
portrayal of Juan Rico in Starship Troopers. The big question is whether he
could make the transition in mid-sentence (as Christopher Reeve did is
Superman The Movie). He, too, may be too old already -- he's got to come
off as a young man who's been hardened prematurely.