Freedom045@aol.com
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:54:10 EDT

Seeing all these posts the past few days have got me thinking. I'm really surprised at some of the picks of actors who don't even remotely resemble the characters.

I tried to give some somewhat "serious" thought as to who I would cast in a GUNDAM live action if the cameras were to roll tomorrow.

I've included links to a few of these actors and hope you'll check them out an let me know what you think.

thanks,
Tom

***********************

AMURO RAY

Chris O'Donnell or Scott Wolf (Party of Five). O'Donnell is probably too old now to play the young Amuro, but he'd be good for the Amuro of 0093. Other actors I think could do it are Mark Wahlberg and Steve Zahn.

I don't watch the show, but one actor who I thought really looked the part of the young Amuro Ray is Joshua Jackson of Dawson's Creek
http://www.dawsons-creek.com/gallery/pacey6.html
http://www.dawsons-creek.com/gallery/pacey8.html
http://www.dawsons-creek.com/gallery/pacey10.html

(James VanDerbeek certainly has the chin to play Sleggar Row. I could also see a blue haired Seth Green as Kai Shiden)

***************

SAYLA MASS

Kirsten Dunst http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6615/kirsten/pictures/kcd01.jpg

Renee Zelwegger
http://mrshowbiz.go.com/people/reneezellweger/index.html

*****************

BRIGHT NOAH

Ben Cross

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Screen/8218/gallery/ds16.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Screen/8218/gallery/misc03.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Screen/8218/gallery/play04.jpg

(I know he's old, but ever since I first saw MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM way back when, he's been my choice, he has the right look, and he's really british too.)

Christian Bale

http://mrshowbiz.go.com/people/christianbale/

(he'd be good, but I also think he's sinister looking enough to be Paptimus Scirrocco)

CHAR AZNABLE/QUATTRO BAGINA

Jude Law

Of the actors out there today, there is only one actor who I think could play Char in all his incarnations (0079-0093).

Ever since I saw THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY, I've thought this guy was revelation as an actor. I think he's got the right amount of charisma, he looks debonair and sinister at the same time. His deceptive looks make him look like a hero or a villain, which is what Char is.

http://mrshowbiz.go.com/people/judelaw/index.html
http://vweb.ar.com.au/~jriddler/jude-gallery.html

check out the links and let me know what you think.