Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Wed, 31 May 2000 22:06:51 MST

SNIP

>As for the other major conflict, the schism within the Earth Alliance,
>while
>it may not be quite in the shades of grey that Gundam's Zeon/Federation
>conflict is painted in, it's still pretty far from absolute black and
>white.
> For years following the civil war, there are still personal conflicts
>going on within EarthForce and even within individual families as a result
>of old friends or family members being on opposite sides during the war.
>And before you say that there is no hint that the 'enemy' had likeable
>sorts, remember that Captain Lockley sided with President Clark during the
>civil war, yet she was still handpicked by Sheridan to command the station
>nonetheless.

Right On!

Though you didn't mention the third major conflict in the B5 universe, the
telepath vs normals. This is the one that I think best illustrates the kind
of stuff Lloyd seems to want. After all, Bester may be a ruthless SOB, but
he's just doing what he feels is best for his people.

Unfortunately, this is one the series left unresolved. Looks like we'll
never find out unless a B5 movie ever gets made.