Freedom045@aol.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 16:51:29 EDT

In a message dated Wed, 31 May 2000 4:21:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Chris Maier" <oom9@crosswinds.net> writes:

<< I'm been wondering...is it true that as Mark Simmons(I think) stated in ex.org, that the franchise has run out of steam? I personally don't think so...since Gundam is a huge cultural icon, apparentally(Like Star Wars here in the US) I don't think it would be easy to just stop making them. >>

I don't think anyone is advocating that they don't make any more Gundam, its just that maybe we all need a breather. Look at the STAR TREK franchise, I definitely feel that it needs some R&R for a while. Since TNG premiered, there has been a Trek show on the air for the last 13 years.

I think a break of a year or two would be good for the franchise. In the meantime, Bandai can get busy on all those HGUC, FG, MG and PG kits they need to put out. I don't think Big "B" is going to be hurting for money.

Tom