Enriquez, Eric (EEnriquez@hatch.ca)
Wed, 31 May 2000 09:04:06 -0400

Well......

I rented the DVD of Velocity Trap because of the mech picture on the back of
the box and I payed $4 bucks up here in Canada. Worst $4 that I ever spent
for about 5 seconds of good looking CG mech walking.

My wife calls it Velocity crap and bugs me every time we go to the video
store. I had to pay with 4 of her "pick" movies......

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler [mailto:echofox@wingzero.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 9:54 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] One of the reasons remaking Gundam for the US
audience might tur...

I watched that one 5 or 6 years ago. I seem to remember enjoying it at the
time, but last year when I rented a copy (fortunately on 49 cent tuesdays) I
couldn't make it through 20 minutes.
If you've got well done giant robots, I can forgive a lame story.
If you've got a good and engaging story, I can forgive poorly done giant
robots.
But a shitty story with annoying characters and fake looking giant robots
... In the words of Tycho Brahe (of Penny Arcade fame): Can't think. Brain
dirty....
And did you know there was a sequal? Called "Robot Wars". It was even worse.
It only had a few minutes of Mech on Mech fighting at the very end, so
believe me, after sitting through all of the crap that they called a story,
you don't even get a decent payoff in the end.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
http://www.wingzero.net - Home of the HQ Gundam Image Archive