Salamangka (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 31 May 2000 23:51:12 GMT

>Generally, it works both ways. Just as Japanese mainstays tend to not come
>out well when handled by Americans (Godzilla), American mainstays tend to
>not come out well when handled by Japanese (Spider-Man live-action WTF is
>that show?) Sometimes you can take an idea from another culture and turn it

>into something special and unique, but it doesn't happen that often.
>Jojo

What we have is hypothetical here. True, reality says the odss are better on
the part that crosscultural interpretations are a bad idea, but what if a certain
balance could be reached? I'd love to see that happen. I've always admired
the best of american film and writing techniques because of a certain bluntness
and finesse that they combine in their writing/filming, just as much as I admire
the subtlety of Oriental writing techniques.
"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919