Salamangka (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 31 May 2000 23:46:13 GMT

>I sorta agree... All of the stuff that the original poster thought would add

>to Gundam would result in me, for one, not liking it, and pretty much having

>the additude of "Why'd they waste all those cool kits on that typical-ass

>piece of crap?" Mainstream american media shit is just that. (For the most

>part, of course) I'd have to say that the worst suggestion tho, IMHO, is

>rock music. I hate rock music. Someone else mentioned the matrix, in which

>I thought the use of music was good. But precisely _because_ the bulk of the

>music was electronic. I'm sorry, but squelchy synthesizers and breakbeats

>are a lot more interesting and actionesque (For lack of a better word) than

>say, AC/DC. Anyways, just my 2 cents

That's because all you guys thought, "wow, he likes the mass pop culkture here?"

Those elements used correctly, will add to the dimensions of gundam. We're
not talking about turning it into an all-american thing; i want to see the best
techniques in storytelling, directing and cinematography that america can offer,
used in a gundam context, which has the best -- and some of the worst -- characteristics
of anime. why not merge the better qualities of both to see how it will turn
out? Why so intent on keeping gundam away from western ideas, when in fact,
that is where it's heading to with the introduction of Syd Mead and Turn A/TurnX?

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919