MS06ZAK@aol.com
Tue, 30 May 2000 23:31:36 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/00 3:27:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
oom9@crosswinds.net writes:

<< We only need to look at the following examples of how we handle
established anime properties:
 "The New Adventures Of Speed Racer" Anybody even remember that SR had an
American-made sequel?
 "Robotech II:The Sentinels" Makes you REALLY want to watch Macross Plus and
7.
 Saban's version of "Sailor Moon" This remake is too evil to describe.
 "Voltron 3D"...ugghhhhh
 "Dragonball Adventures" A new American animated series coming soon based on
Akira Toriyama's big manga/anime franchise, which arguably has the worst dub
in anime history....
  "Fist Of The North Star" Live-action movie
  "Street Fighter" Live-action move....not technically anime, but a Japanese
property nonetheless.
  "Godzilla"-Ditto.
  "Guyver" Live-action movie..

   I've yet to see an American-made adaptation of anything Japanese that
does'nt mess up it's source material....

I don't think anyone meant that America should have anything to do with the
remake of Gundam. We meant Tomino and Sunrise should do it. Where was there
a live action Fist Of The North Star? Must've been bloody.

Jason