Jam Masta' Jay (roaddogg_jp@hotmail.com)
Wed, 31 May 2000 00:05:05 GMT

>I've liked a lot of Frank Miller's stuff too, although I'm not as big >a
>fan of his "Dark Knight Returns" as much as his "Daredevil" stuff.

My personal favorite Miller stuff would have to be hands down his "Sin City"
work, especially the first series with Marv. His work on "300" was great as
well. Not only that, but he is a pretty nice guy (I met him at the San Diego
Comic Convention "SDCC").

>Ennis is okay, but he relies too much on shock value sometimes, and
> >sometimes theyget in the way of what otherwise would be sharp
> >storytelling.

Garth is God. End of story. Preacher is my favorite book out right now, not
because of the shock value, the inital shock value pulls you in, the great
story keeps you there. some of his stuff isn't that shocking, such as his
"Darkness" stuff for Top Cow and his new run on "The Punisher" for Marvel.
True, some of his stuff is pure shock value (His book "Dicks", Arseface from
Preacher) but they are just plain funny. Not only that, but he is a really,
REALLY nice guy (again, the SDCC)

>As for indie comics, I've sifted in and out of Mike Allred's "Madman" a few
>times.
>
>Jojo

some good indie stuff is pretty much anything by Oni Press, especially stuff
from Kevin Smith and Jim Mahfood. Poision Elves is also really good.

later Folks,
-Jay

"That fella's got a face like an Arse...."
Cassidy from Preacher