Richard Holman (homer@mcn.net)
Tue, 30 May 2000 12:48:08 -0600

>I don't think this is the place for this. I know that I don't want the GML
>to turn into E-bay.

I agree, it gets to be a mess, rec.games.mecha is totally given over to
wheeling and dealing.

>Auctions also annoy me since you can often find rare kits like that for
next
>to nothing in Japan. I just got an equally rare LT. Jeanne in Armor model
at
>Mandarake in Shibuya for $6

Many of the old kits are being rerun in Japan, and thatshould bring the
prices down but many will get a 600yen kit, and try to pass it off as a 1982
issue with a $400 price. I am not saying this is the case here, but
hardcasers would be ranting.

>It's all of these auctions that have driven the price of Macross and
>Mospeada toys out of the reach of most fans.

Good Lord Yes, remember when the 1/200 Macross Kits by Nitto/HBUE were
$3-$8, instead of $70-$500??? Sadly, if it was reissued in Japan, the US
cost would still be the same, and more because all of the auction Junkies.

 sorry to rant but this is a pet
>peeve of mine. ^_-

You have hit a personal chord in many who remember the 1980's, kits may have
been hard to find here, but you could afford them, and actually get on
rather than distributors buying like three, and actioning them offf for more
than they could a case at retail, we the customers were appreciated.

To the Poster with the kit, I am not bashing you, nor did I say don't do it,
am sure you are just trying to make an offer that works fairly, but too many
unscrupulous souls have begun to give a bad impression. I however am willing
to say have fun and enjoy your endeavour.