Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Tue, 30 May 2000 00:28:24 MST

>Never thought Id hear that on this list.. But its not a bad idea.. THe
>gundam series
>need to be freshened up....Youdd figure humans would be able to leave the
>solar system
>by turnA....

I had a similar idea along this line. Rather than humans acquiring
interstelar travel, I was thinking of bringing aliens to the solar system.

Now before anyone throws a fit, I don't want to turn Gundam into an "Alien
Invasion" series. What I was thinking of is having people discover evidence
that aliens had been in the solar system hundreds of thousands of years in
the past. The idea is to detail how mankind came to grips with this
information and how it impacted the various factions. This is sort of like
2001 or James P. Hogan's "Giants" trilogy.

Just think about what the sort of arguments you'd get between spacenoid and
earthbound factions over what evidence of ancient visitors means for
humanity.