David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Mon, 29 May 2000 21:55:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 29 May 2000 20:18:11 -0700 (PDT), gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> No argument from me, it's the one comic book that shows the possibility
of such
> medium (I am not a big fan of MAUS and Love & Rockets...). It's a tie
with V
> for Vendetta in my opinion, sometimes I like V more but on other
occasions may
> consider Watchmen superior. Incredible stuff.

A tiny bit self-conscious, but great all the same.

I've liked a lot of Frank Miller's stuff too, although I'm not as big a fan
of his "Dark Knight Returns" as much as his "Daredevil" stuff. Ennis is
okay, but he relies too much on shock value sometimes, and sometimes they
get in the way of what otherwise would be sharp storytelling.

As for indie comics, I've sifted in and out of Mike Allred's "Madman" a few
times.

Jojo