Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Sun, 28 May 2000 14:03:26 MST

SNIP

>Maybe the just didn't have that many nuclear weapons left, having expended
>most of them during the first week of the One Year War and being loathe to
>build that particular part of the arsenal back up thereafter.

Based on the principles of deterrence, I'd say quite the opposite. With the
treaty in place, both sides have an incentive to keep a viable nuclear
stockpile to keep the other side 'honest'. The Federation would want an
arsenal big enough that the Zeons know they'll face severe consequences if
they break the treaty. Same thing goes for Zeon.

SNIP